August 01, 2021
If you’ve been working from home for the last year or so, it may have been a while since you’ve taken advantage of some of your Blue by ADT security system’s features. This month, we’ll highlight some of the ways that you can get the most out of your system as the kids make their way back to school and you head back to the office. You’ll learn about how you can customize your security alerts, ways to use your camera’s 2-way talk feature and how to automate your security and smart home devices.
There’s an alert for that: Get personalized notifications from Blue by ADT
Summer’s coming to a close, and that means it may be time for you to get back to work or for the kiddos to make their way back to school. It also means that you won’t be home as often to take care of your pets or greet the kids when they get off the bus. However, you can still stay in the loop. With the Blue by ADT app, you can customize your alert settings so you only get the notifications you want, in the way that works best for you.
For example, you can get alerts via push notification, text message or email when:
- The dog walker rings your doorbell camera or when your outdoor cam sees the kids playing in the backyard.
- Your system is armed or disarmed, and you’ll even be informed of who made this change.
- If your alarm or one of your sensors is triggered. This includes burglar, fire and panic alarms.
- There’s trouble with your system or issues with your cameras that need to be addressed.
You can add alerts or make changes to your existing ones at any time. If you need help adjusting your notification settings, you can find a walkthrough on our Support Center.
Get the most out of your camera’s 2-way talk feature
With Blue by ADT smart cameras, every day can be like Take Your Pet to Work Day. Each of our Blue cameras has a built-in speaker and microphone that allows for 2-way talk and audio. That means you can check in on your furry bestie via your indoor camera and let them know they’re a good boy or girl without getting up from your desk. And when the kids come home from school, you can still be there to (virtually) greet them at the door with your Blue Doorbell Camera. 2-way talk is also great for talking to delivery drivers, contractors and other visitors, or for shooing away pesky porch pirates. To use this feature, simply tap on the microphone icon while viewing the live feed from your camera and speak right into the phone.
Set up rules to make your smart home smarter
There’s nothing better than coming home from work to find that the lights are already on for you and the thermostat is already set to your preferred temperature. This might sound too good to be true, but with the Blue by ADT rules engine, it’s not. As long as you have compatible smart home devices, you can set up custom rules to automate your security system and other tasks around the house.
Here are just a few examples:
- Automate your Blue system to arm itself after you leave for work in the morning or go to bed at night.
- Set up your lights to automatically turn on at sunset or the time of your choosing.
- Schedule your thermostat to set itself to a certain temperature before you come home and turn itself off in the morning.
- Have your smart locks unlock or lock themselves at a certain time on select days of the week.
For a step-by-step guide on how to use the Blue by ADT rules engine, visit our Support Center. Here, you’ll also find helpful articles and how-tos about all of your Blue by ADT devices.