Do you love smart home technology?
Do you have a passion for UX design and interconnectivity — crafting experiences that help people control their own personal environments with ease and confidence?
Interested in doing this with an amazing UX team who’s part of one of the largest, most well-established security companies in the world?
Then this might be the right opportunity for you…
LifeShield, a subsidiary of ADT, is a DIY security and automation company in the Philadelphia suburbs (Blue Bell) that is searching for a UX Designer for our mobile and web solutions. This includes interaction patterns around video, security, and smart home devices like cameras, sensors, lights, locks, thermostats, etc. as well as third-party integrations. Candidate must have experience with interactive application design for mobile, tablet, and web, and also be able to produce visual assets for developers. Product design experience is also a plus. Candidate must have experience with Sketch and Adobe CC, and have experience with prototyping tools to support the design process.
The position will work out of our Blue Bell office ONLY (relocation is not an option).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily collaboration with product managers to build out new features, including writing up specs and requirements to supplement high-fidelity designs or prototypes
- Design prototypes for testing and to help marketing and engineers envision features
- Collaborate with engineers on assets to support development
- Ability to brainstorm and ideate with teammates
- Ability to confidently support, explain, and rationalize your design decisions to teammates and stakeholders equally
- Support updates to existing features to improve usability
- Apply design thinking and research with Product Management
- Write scripts/tasks for user testing
- Work with Marketing & Creative team to ensure new designs are within brand
- Share creative inspirations/influences, and be comfortable providing/receiving constructive feedback
- Competitive analysis and market research to help grow the product
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to define, architect and implement UX solutions based on stakeholders’ requirements and designs
- Proficient with industry-standard digital tools Sketch and Adobe CC; experience with Zeplin, Marvel, Axure, Web UI toolkits and/or other interaction prototyping tools
- Experience with Jira, Slack, Microsoft Office
- Up to date on latest UX trends to help apply them to new features
- Experience with usability testing and analyzing user feedback and behavior
- Capable of consulting with business and engineering to develop achievable solutions that meet business needs
- Must own duties that evolve from wireframes to prototypes to finished digital products
- Familiarity with agile methodology and Scrum
- Must be detail-oriented
- Understand how to design to reach business goals
- Ability to communicate and articulate ideas to project stakeholders
- Ability to stay organized and calmly manage multiple projects at one time
- Understanding of Accessibility standards in product design experiences
- Four-year college degree required (or equivalent)
- 70% Hands-On Design & Prototyping
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Health Insurance including dental and vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life insurance
If this sounds interesting, and you feel you could hit the ground running, let’s talk! Please email your resume and a link to your portfolio to: HRPR@lifeshield.com