November 30, 2022
Last month, we talked about why it was important for you to show your gratitude to first responders and teachers. But this time, we want to show our appreciation to you, our ADT customers, and to caregivers with a special offer. We’ll also be sharing some tips about how you can use smart lights to help adjust to the time change. Plus, you’ll learn about how you can properly recycle batteries and other pesky electronics.
ADT: Year in Review
Last year, we added Google Nest devices to the ADT suite of smart security products. For 2022, we expanded our offerings even further. In case you missed it, here’s a quick recap:
Now you can power your home with sustainable, solar energy with ADT Solar
Last year ADT acquired Sunpro Solar, the #2 ranked Solar Power World 2021 Top Residential Rooftop Solar Contractor in America. And as an ADT customer, you can get solar panels professionally installed on your home, which can help save you money on your energy bills* and increase the value of your home and property†.
To learn more, visit https://www.goadtsolar.com/
*Savings vary depending on your energy consumption, system cost, home location & characteristics, and your utility’s policies.
New add-ons are available for your ADT system
The smoke detectors sync with your smart home hub and send an alert right to your smartphone whenever they sense smoke inside your home.
Adding flood & temperature sensors to your system helps prevent water damage or frozen pipes. Place sensors in attics, basements and flood-prone areas.
And the keypad lets you control your system from a convenient location in your home, like on the wall or a table near a frequently used door.
You can add these new devices to your ADT security system by placing an order via the Customer Portal.
Have a safe and happy holiday season
Now that we’ve recapped this year’s exciting news, it’s time to get to the heart of what December is all about: the holidays. No matter what holiday you’re celebrating this month, what’s most important is that you and your loved ones celebrate safely and get to enjoy your time with one another. Whether you’re traveling or staying local, here are a few tips to help ensure that’s the case:
- If you’re traveling, remember to take the proper steps to prepare your car for winter and travel with an emergency kit.
- When decorating your home, keep potentially poisonous plants away from children and pets. A quick internet search can help you determine which plants may be toxic.
- Set up candles where they cannot be easily knocked down or blown over, and keep lighters and matches up high or somewhere out of the reach of children.
- And of course, remember to check the batteries in all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace them with fresh ones if need be.
We make holiday shopping so much easier
Speaking of the holidays, if you have an ADT Doorbell Camera as part of your security system, you can eliminate some of the stress that comes along with online holiday shopping. Using your Blue by ADT app, you can keep an eye on your deliveries right from your smartphone—whether you’re on the couch or on the go.
- Get a push notification when your camera detects the delivery person approaching your door. Customizing your motion detection zones can help make sure you only get alerts that matter.
- Use your camera’s 2-way talk feature to let them know you’ll be right there or to tell them to leave it on the doorstep. Or use it to shoo away porch pirates while you’re out and about.
- Keep an eye on your packages from virtually anywhere by streaming crystal-clear 1080p HD video from your doorstep on your smartphone. And thanks to night vision, you’ll be able to check in at all hours of the day.
And speaking of holiday shopping, if you’re thinking of giving the gift of ADT this year, be sure to order before December 15th and get out ahead of possible shipping delays.
Set a festive scene
Your ADT security system won’t just help keep you and your family safe this holiday season. It can also help you set the mood before your guests arrive or even if you’re just cozying up for a quiet night by the fire. If you’ve got the right compatible smart home devices, it’s as easy as opening up your Blue by ADT app and tapping your finger.
For example, with smart lights and smart plugs, there’s no need to run around the house plugging or unplugging your holiday lights every day. Control them from the couch via the Blue by ADT app or even set up rules that schedule them to turn on or off at certain times.
While you’re at it, you can also adjust your smart thermostat and make sure the temperature is just right—without getting out from under your favorite blanket.
To learn how to sync your ADT security system with compatible smart home devices, visit our Support Center.